Quinoa flake porridge is a delicious, warm, satisfying and easy to make breakfast recipe. It is gluten free; it will keep you full and satisfied. It is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
When it is cold outside, my body craves for something warm, like a delicious and satisfying porridge. This is a great recipe for those of you who can’t eat oats. It tastes really good, it is high in protein and ready in 10 minutes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total time: 13 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
- 80g of Quinoa flakes
- 250 ml Plant-based milk (Almond milk or hemp milk or coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Handful of Blueberries
- 10m Walnuts
- 1 teaspoon of Desiccated Coconut
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- Add the quinoa flakes and the milk to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until it thickens
- Add the cinnamon, coconut oil and vanilla extract and cook for a further 3 minutes
- Turn off heat and allow porridge to thicken
- Spoon it into a bowl
- Top it with the blueberries, walnuts and desiccated coconut and enjoy!