This soup is so creamy and delicious. It is bursting with antioxidants, dietary fibre and other nutrients important for optimal health. It will fill you up and keep you full for longer
- 350g asparagus, stalks chopped, woody end discarded, tips reserved
- 1 small red onions, peeled and chopped
- 1small brown onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 sticks celery, trimmed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne chili pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cups of water or chicken broth (more if needed)
- In a medium pan, heat the oil over medium heat. After a few minutes, add onions and garlic sauté for 1 minute.
- Put the celery and asparagus in the pot, add the cayenne pepper, and add salt and black pepper for extra flavour. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour in the water (or chicken broth) and bring the soup to boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender carefully and blend on high speed until it is smooth, usually about 2 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning, add salt and black pepper if needed. If soup is too thick, add a little more water (or chicken broth) to thin it.
- Any leftover can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.