VEGETABLE & PRAWNS STIR-FRY
- 240g Wild Prawns, Frozen Raw
- 1 brown onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Handful of spinach
- Handful of kale
- ½ head broccoli, separated into florets
- ½ green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, end trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh turmeric
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Himalayan sea salt
- Start by heating a skillet or wok over medium heat until surface is hot
- Heat the coconut oil in the skillet over medium heat
- Add the onions, fresh turmeric, ginger, garlic and black pepper and stirfry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next add the prawns, stir fry for a further 5 – 7 minutes, stirring occasionally till prawns are cooked with an orange colour. Add salt to taste.
- Next add the vegetables, stirfry for a further 5 -7minutes, stirring constantly so the vegetables cook but don’t burn.
- It is now ready to be served. Enjoy!
Purple sprouting broccoli contains the phytochemical sulphoraphane has been linked to providing resistance against chronic diseases like cancer, heart disease, osteoporosis and diabetes.
It is also a good source of vitamin C, carotenoids, vitamin A, iron, folic acid, calcium and dietary fibre.
- Grass-fed Lambchops, seasoned and oven baked.
- 400g Purple sprouting broccoli, trimmed
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ fresh ginger, grated
- 1-inch fresh turmeric, grated
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne chili pepper
- Himalayan Sea Salt to taste
- Melt the coconut oil in the skillet on medium heat
- Add the spring onions, turmeric, ginger, black pepper stir fry for about 2 minutes
- Add the purple broccoli sprouts and stir fry for another 2 minutes or until tender.
- Add cayenne chili pepper and Himalayan sea salt to taste, stir fry for a further 1 minute. Serve with the oven baked grass-fed lamb chops