Why do I love smoothies so much? They make a great breakfast or snack anytime and you can make them ahead of time. It is an excellent way to ease your body into the day.
This healthy smoothie – packed with kale leaves, spinach, celery, ginger and fresh lemon. I actually used homemade chicken bone broth as the liquid. Bone broth helps to nourish your gut, reduce inflammation and promote healthy gut integrity. It is rich in minerals that support the immune system.
It is easy and cheap to make your chicken bone broth at home. Click Here to find out how to do it.
I steamed the kale and spinach leaves before using them in my smoothie. I did this for the following reasons:
- Raw kale has natural chemicals in it called goitrogens which can affect your thyroid function, you have to steam kale to reduce the goitrogen levels.
- Raw Spinach is rich in calcium but it’s high level of a compound called oxalic acid binds calcium and reduce its absorption. Steaming the spinach will release some of the calcium bound to oxalic acid.
IMPORTANT NOTE: I recommend using organic vegetables, they often have more antioxidants and contain fewer pesticides.
- A handful of organic kale, steamed for 10 minutes
- A handful of organic spinach, steamed for 10 minutes
- 1 stalk organic celery
- ½ organic unwaxed lemon
- ¼ organic ginger
- ¼ litre homemade chicken bone broth (click Here to see how to make your chicken bone broth)
- Steam the kale and spinach ahead of time for about 10 minutes.
- Put all the ingredients including the kale and spinach in a high-speed blender and blend till a fluid consistency is reached and serve immediately.
Quinoa flake porridge is a delicious, warm, satisfying and easy to make breakfast recipe. It is gluten free; it will keep you full and satisfied. It is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
When it is cold outside, my body craves for something warm, like a delicious and satisfying porridge. This is a great recipe for those of you who can’t eat oats. It tastes really good, it is high in protein and ready in 10 minutes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total time: 13 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
- 80g of Quinoa flakes
- 250 ml Plant-based milk (Almond milk or hemp milk or coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Handful of Blueberries
- 10m Walnuts
- 1 teaspoon of Desiccated Coconut
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- Add the quinoa flakes and the milk to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until it thickens
- Add the cinnamon, coconut oil and vanilla extract and cook for a further 3 minutes
- Turn off heat and allow porridge to thicken
- Spoon it into a bowl
- Top it with the blueberries, walnuts and desiccated coconut and enjoy!
This pancake is so yummy and easy to make. It is made without white flour. It is gluten-free, wheat-free and sugar-free. If you have an intolerance or allergy to nuts, it is a great choice because it is also nut-free.
A delicious smoothie to give your digestive health a boost. A healthy smoothie for your liver health. It is great for breakfast and post workout! (more…)
Poached eggs are a great option for breakfast. It will fill you up and keep you satisfied. Eggs are full of good quality protein, healthy fat, vitamins and minerals.
Are you looking for a healthy pancake that is gluten-free and nut-free? This yummy healthy gluten-free, sugar-free and nut-free pancake will fill you up and keep you satisfied. (more…)